Job Title: Campaigns Organiser
Working For: Cheltenham and Cotswold Liberal Democrats
Location: Cheltenham and Cirencester
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 pa
Closing Date: 27 July 2018
The Liberal Democrats in Cheltenham and the Cotswolds are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and hard-working Organiser to join their teams in Gloucestershire.
Cheltenham is one of the party’s most winnable Parliamentary seats, having elected Liberal Democrat MPs between 1992 and 2015. We also hold 32 of the 40 councillors in the town. Cotswold Liberal Democrats are a well-resourced and active local party with a clear ambition to win a majority on Cotswold District Council at the all-up elections in May 2019.
You will be a natural people-person and motivator of volunteers. You will join motivated existing staff in both Cheltenham and Cotswolds who specialise in literature production and messaging. You would be expected to contribute to the overall electoral strategy in both Cheltenham and The Cotswolds.
This is an excellent chance to develop first-hand knowledge and experience of Liberal Democrat campaigning, and training will be provided to complement your existing campaigning skills.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter, have lots of enthusiasm, good interpersonal and organisational skills, and a willingness to develop. Working closely with volunteers, councillors and candidates, key to the role is the ability to build relationships, along with training and motivating volunteers.
Some evening and weekend work will be required. You would be required to join the Liberal Democrats in order to come under the Party’s GDPR Data Controller, and you must not be a member of another political party.
Drivers license and access to your own car is essential due to the rural character of the Cotswold District.
Full-time (37.5 hours per week). This will initially be a fixed term contract ending on 30 June 2019.
Closing Date: 27 July 2018
Interviews will take place in Cheltenham during the week commencing 30 July, with a start date as soon as possible thereafter.
Applicants should send a CV and a short covering letter to:
Dave Wood, Head of Campaigns, Elections and Skills (West)
You will be involved in:
- Providing support to candidates and councillors in both local parties
- Organising and participating in on-the-ground campaigning
- Activist and membership development with a view to building capacity
- Literature design and production
- Engaging volunteers and activists using telephone and email
- E-campaigning, including monitoring, updating and uploading web pages
- Assisting with Voter ID and updating Voter ID and other databases
- Organising and running events
- Media monitoring and writing press releases
- Any other tasks deemed necessary
- A good standard of written English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a confident telephone manner
- Excellent ICT skills
- Experience using social media as a campaigning tool
- The ability to work within a small team and motivate others and recruit volunteers
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work on your own initiative, in a flexible environment
- Working knowledge of politics and political processes
- Interest in campaigns management and political strategy
- A full and valid driving license
- Sympathy with the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats